Scottish Government Server Maintenance Framework
The Server Maintenance framework agreement is open to all Scottish public bodies. The framework agreement offers a direct route to market via a single supplier call off ordering procedure.
The scope of the framework agreement is for the provision of Server Maintenance services including but not limited to:
- All Server types including Blade; Rack; and Tower options. Server Maintenance will include all internal server components, i.e. Processor, Memory, hard-drives and any internal cards;
- Local Area Network (LAN) Switches: Maintenance services appropriate to Switch hardware only. (Associated cables and adaptors are not to be included);
- Tape Drives and Tape Libraries: Maintenance services for peripheral devices attached directly to server or LAN;
- Keyboard Video Monitor Switch (KVM): Hardware Maintenance only;
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) Devices: Hardware Maintenance only. (Configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included);
- Storage Area Network (SAN): Maintenance services for hardware only including individual disk or shelve replacement. (Configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included).
Optional maintenance services requirements:-
- Operating System: (including Windows, Unix, Linux and Solaris) – Maintenance service relates to the operational readiness and security of the system which includes Operating System re-installation and application of Security Patches and Service Releases;
- Firmware: Maintenance services relating to installation of firmware for server components, LAN Switches and applicable peripheral devices. (SAN Firmware is not to be included);
- Equipment Moves: This will include internal moves within current location and/or external moves to another location.
- The framework is in line with the Digital Public Services Strategy and supports the Scottish Government Data Hosting and Data Centre Strategy for the Scottish Public Sector.
- Technically competent and achievable solutions for Scottish public sector organisations.
- The framework provides best value across Scotland with savings achievable through collaborative use of the framework.
- The framework addresses the Scottish Government’s aspirations with regards to social, environmental and sustainability issues.
- This award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations.