Thames Valley Air Ambulance
MCSA is proud to be supporting Thames Valley Air Ambulance (TVAA) who provides life-saving medical care across Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
The doctor and paramedic crews are able to deliver an advanced level of critical care. They can treat seriously ill or injured patients at the scene, fast.
TVAA attends around three life-saving incidents per day and is a vital emergency service that only exists through charitable donations and support.
Facts about TVAA
- Last year the donations from supporters allowed TVAA to attend 1,186 incidents.
- It cost £2.50 per minute to fuel the helicopter. In critical situations, a minute could be there difference between life and death.
- Since autumn 2015 TVAA have been able to extend their service to 19 hours per day, 365 days a year.
- Last year the helicopter was sent out on 42 night missions, none of which would have been able to happen pre-2015.
- On average, they attend 3 people a day in life-threatening situations.
What MCSA are doing to support TVAA
On the 30th September MCSA held their annual golf day at Ashridge Golf Club and raised £650 for TVAA. We captured some great images which you can see here
On the 28th October members of our team are taking part in a sponsored walk, 8miles up hill and down dale, around the Ashridge Woodland, Ivinghoe Beacon, Pitstone Hills and the village of Aldbury.